Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Emotional Rollercoaster

That is what I've been on for the past week. My emotions are completely bonkers! Everything makes me cry, and not just a few tears, more like hysterically sobbing. Today's fiasco started when my daughter's father gave me 45 minutes notice that he was bringing a buddy home on their lunch break for dinner. I hadn't even planned on making dinner, but now I am having a guest over for dinner. Not a single plate is washed (we only have a few as it is) because I ran out of gloves (I am weird about doing dishes without gloves-eww). So, here I am sobbing into my hot soapy water with dinner on the stove. I made the 45 minute deadline but it wasn't easy. My whole back was covered in sweat. On the bright side, my kitchen is clean and the dishes are done. I wasn't mad at him for giving me short notice, I am just emotional about everything lately. As they say, This too shall pass.

1 comment:

  1. The raging hormones!!! Having a baby is never easy, let alone being host to all those hormones that accompany the event! Maybe in an appropriate moment it would be a good idea to talk to the mister about the work load and emotional coping of having a new baby and ask for his help in being a bit sensitive? If you can...get some rest when the baby sleeps..ok?

    ReplyDelete