Friday, January 14, 2011

A Change of Word

In the book I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert-she talks about cities and people having one word. For example New York's work is achieve. She is in search of her word and eventually finds it. I let the idea of what my word is roll around in my head for a few days. Today, it came to me: selfish. Yes, I said selfish. My word is selfish. Most people would not want to describe themselves with ones negative word, but I cannot lie to myself. Instantly after I found my word, I had the thought that that word needed to be changed to selfless. This is a big change. A change I would like to work toward even though it will be extremely difficult. Change is good. Change is essential. 
January 13th-$0 
January 14th-$46.89 (post office-most of it was for an international swap I agreed to join in late 2010-this also took up my post office budget for the next 3 months.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm fairly certain my word would be "angry" or the infamous "B" word. I guess that makes me selfish too ...but... look at your children and how you love them and what you do for them. Do you still think that you're selfish????

    -Stephanie Grace
    http://stephaniegracetats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete