Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sewing my way through a book

I have read a few blogs in which people cook or bake their way through a cookbook. Well, being 3 weeks away from delivering a new baby, and having already gained 50 lbs in the process, I don't want to be trying all those wonderful things I'd be baking or cooking everyday. So, I found a book at the library that I am going to sew my way through. I might not finish projects everyday, especially with the holidays coming up, but I will do the best I can. The book is Handmade Home Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures by Amanda Blake Soule. I am very into using what I have and buying at thrift stores and garage sales over buying new. 
Today I cut out the fabrics for her Broadturn Bag and I'll probably sew it up tomorrow. I will post pictures as well. You can check out her blog at www.amandasoule.com

No comments:

Post a Comment